How to get rid of pimples ??
Pimples are the most common skin problem among teenagers. The main reason for the occurrence of pimples is the deposition of dirt and oil in the pores. However, it is not all bad as there are several treatments for curing pimples.
Listed below are some of the easiest and most effective ways to clear your pimples.
Take good care of your skin
Skin has several pores which are mostly open and when dirt and other materials get into the pores, pimples can form. Therefore it is important to keep your skin clean and healthy.
- Wash your face twice daily. Avoid using rough materials to scrub your skin as it may cause irritation on skin.
- Use a mild moisturiser to hydrate your skin. Beware of choosing the right type of moisturiser that suits your skin type.
- Avoid popping your pimples. Even though it may be painful and prickly, you should not break them. Once you break a pimple it may spread to other regions too.
- Do not touch your face too often. The dirt on your hand may cause the pimples to increase.
- Use face masks once a week. This will help to close the pores and to remove the dirt deposited on face as well as removing any dead skin cells.
- Avoid using too many cosmetics or face creams for pimples as this can cause a reaction, including more pimples.
- Protect your skin from direct contact with sunlight as it may cause irritation on skin.
- Avoid eating oily food and foods that are high in carbs. High carb diets are shown to increase pimples.
- Drink plenty of water as this will help you to keep your skin and body healthy.
Medication and treatments for pimples / acne
If you have frequent outbreaks of pimples it is advisable to consult a skin specialist and recieve proper treatment.
- Using creams to treat pimples is the most common way. It is advisable to use creams that contain benzoyl peroxide, salicylic
- acid, sulfur, retin-A, azelaic acid. These ingredients will help in killing the bacteria that causes pimples and also exfoliates the skin thus cleansing your skin and keeping it fresh.
- Ask your dermatologist for topical cream that will help you reduce pimples by killing bacteria.
- Use antibiotics that will help to stop the growth of bacteria. These antibiotic treatments should be taken over a course of
- time such as three months or six months depending upon the severity of the skin problems.
- If you have severe pimple problems avoid using contraceptive pills as they are likely to increase the count of pimples due
- to accelerated hormone levels.
- You can look out for professional treatments like laser treatments, light therapy and other methods of treatment that are
- available in skin care clinics and spas. These treatments will prove to be helpful in providing a long term cure for skin problems.
Home remedies to treat pimples / acne
You can follow some home remedies like using tea tree oil, apple and honey, lavender oils, aloe vera and other things that will help to cool your skin. However, we recommend seeing a specialist or a skin doctor so they can pinpoint the exact problem and assist you with a treatment option.